28 October 2011

Why? Dear God, why?

Well, apparently I don't have the motivation to post blog entries on my days off. Too much time to sit and mess around with vid'ya games and such. God help us all if I ever get motivated to do something constructive.

So, yeah. Why are people stupid?

I'm not asking to be a dick, I'm just honestly curious. Why are people stupid? And I'm not talking about the normal "low intelligence" people, or the "blonde moment" people, or even those some might label as "airheads". I'm asking about the people who, when you explain that there are only two options, insist on not only refusing to pick one of the two, but also asking stupid questions over and over and over.

"Either you can sign out against medical advice, or you can return to the unit to which you are assigned. Those are your two options."

"But, can't I go to this other facillity?"

"Not unless you sign out of this one, which is totally within your rights, and only requires one signature from you."

"But why not?"

"Because we're responsible for you as long as you're 'admitted' to this hospital. If you leave property without letting us remove your IV, we're still responsible if it malfunctions and kills you. You need to either let us remove your IV, and then you can leave, or you need to return to your room."

"But can't I just go over there and see what they have to offer?"

"No."

"But why?"

How do some people not understand very basic concepts, when explained very basically? I just don't understand how people can be this stupid. The only explanation I can come up with is "PEOPLE ARE FUCKING STUPID!".

No comments:

Post a Comment