11 November 2011

Stress and Stress Relief...

No, you dirty internet perverts, not that kind of stress relief.

So, I watched Grey's Anatomy last week (yes, I watch Grey's. I'm addicted.). Most nights, I watch, and I'm interested, but not overly so. Last week's episode tore me a new heart hole, though.

I cry. I'm a cry-y kinda guy, sometimes. Grey's gets me the most of anything I watch, but sometimes other shows too. Mostly Grey's, though. Sometimes I watch and get a little misty eyed, and sometimes I watch and cry my eyes out.

**********SPOILERS AHEAD**********

When Dr. Bailey was talking about kids, and how infuriating they can be, and how George was always her favorite, I cried. I hadn't cried in a while, and so it was an okay cry. Not great, but not terrible. Just okay.

Then, at the end of last week's (11-3-11) when Henry (Teddy's husband, played by Scott Foley) turned around from the sink, his hand over his mouth, the look of fear in his eyes absolutely destroyed me. I started sobbing uncontrollably (not the manliest thing to do in front of your girlfriend).

I don't think I've ever seen fear portrayed so intensely before. I hadn't really had any sort of emotional connection with the character before, but in that moment, I was terrified. He was so scared that I was in fear for my own life.

Now, because of work and school stuff, I didn't get to watch last night's episode (11-10-11), but I'm going to go home and watch it after I get off work today. Thankfully, my girl won't be home, and I can just go ahead and cry my little eyes out by my lonesome.

Sometimes, ya just need to cry and let it all out. I think today might be that day. When I cried over last week's episode, it was kinda restrained (even the sobbing), because my girl was there. She tried to make it all better, and she did, but I kinda felt cheated out of a good long cry, just a little bit.

And so, with plans for bro time with Skyrim and Star Wars: The Old Republic all night tonight, I have a limited window in which to do my crying. I need this release. I need to get my tears out and into the world, because it's been a long time since I just cried myself out.

I hope Grey's does the trick and I don't have to go scouring the internet for tales of sad dogs while listening to Sarah McLachlan's "In The Arms Of The Angels".

Because if that doesn't make you cry, nothing will.

No comments:

Post a Comment