03 December 2011

OHMAHGAWDSKAHRIM!!!!

So, yeah. Thanksgiving was awesome and then I got lost in Skyrim, but we'll come back to that in a minute...

Went to dad's place for breakfast on Thanksgiving. Had some badass fajita breakfast tacos and nachos, as is the Kennedy Thanksgiving Tradition. Was shown my Taurus P24/7 .40 caliber pistol. I can't wait to shoot it, but alas, birthday is two weeks away, and Christmas is even further than that. Not sure when I'm getting it, though Dad and my little brother (Monkey) brought over my new gun safe last Monday night. 

Went to my Sweetheart's dad's family's place for lunch, where I was severely disappointed by a pumpkin pie masquerading as a pecan pie. I sliced myself a large, well, slice, and thought 'That certainly doesn't look like pecan pie filling. Oh well, on to deliciousiosity.'. I took a bite, and my dreams were shattered. Pumpkin pie with pecan topping. I was heartbroken. 

See, I loves me some pecan pie. My grandpa used to make it with pecans from his front yard tree, and it was effing magical. 

Anyway, straight from there we went to Dallas, for Thanksgiving weekend with my Sweetheart's mom's family. Thursday consisted of entirely too much food, and finally, at long last, my beloved pecan pie. 

Friday we went and bought me a new X-Box 360 (after several years without) and Skyrim. I could go on for days about how awesome this game is, but I'll just leave it at this; Well played, Bethesda. Well played indeed.

Saturday I saw Immortals with my Sweetheart's dad, and it was just as awesome the second time around. Sunday, we came home, and I got lost in Skyrim for four days. 

Back to work yesterday, and they've managed to fuck up everything in the new expansion project they're doing that has to do with my department. Lawsuits, indecision, and just plain old stupidity are all over the place here, but that's okay, because I get to go home after a long day at work, and see my Sweetheart. 

And maybe play some Skyrim....

No comments:

Post a Comment