16 December 2011

So, I'm a liar...

Yeah, still no internet at the house. I've got a technician coming to fix it later today, but for now, still nothing. We did, at least, learn the problem and try to rectify it.Our old router's power supply went dead, so we decided to transfer service to AT&T's U-Verse service (which is awesome).

Stupid transferring of service. Lemme tell you how my calls on Tuesday night went.

*****

Me: "My internet isn't working. I've tried resetting the new router, and I've tried multiple ethernet cables, and multiple phone lines, and multiple phone jacks. No such luck."

Super Helpful Tech Support Guy: "Okay, let me check this out right quick for you. Troubleshoot, troubleshoot, troubleshoot...okay. It seems as if the DSL internet you had, for which your router doesn't work, is still occupying the line, so the U-Verse service can't find your new router and offer you our awesome internet service. I'm very sorry about this, but I'm going to connect you to our DSL department, to see if we can't get this resolved. Is there anything else I can do for you today?"

M: "No, Super Helpful Tech Support Guy, you've been awesome and a half today. Thank you."

SHTSG: "No, customer. Thank you."

M: *squee*

DSL Bitch Queen: "AT&T DSL. What?"

M: "Um...excuse me?"

DSLBQ: "What do you want?"

M: "Oh, uh, I'm having problems getting my U-Verse internet to hook up and I-"

DSLBQ: "That's a whole different department. Transferring." *click*

M: "Hm......that was unpleasant."

Next Super Helpful Tech Support Guy (who was actually a gal): "I'm so sorry to hear that you're having difficulties with our service. I apologize for the delay in getting your internets back to you, because I know you love your internets, and I just want you to be happy. Let me transfer you back over to the DSL service. Before I let you go, is there anything else I can do for you today?"

M: "No, Super Helpful Tech Support Guy (who is actually a gal), you've been awesome and a half today. Thank you."

NSHTSG(WWAAG): "No, customer. Thank you."

M: *swoon*


DSL Bitch King: "AT&T DSL."

M: "I'm having problems getting my U-Verse internet to hook up and I-"

DSLBK: "That's a whole different department. Trans-"

M: "AND IT'S APPARENTLY BECAUSE YOUR STUPID DSL IS STILL OCCUPYING MY LINE!"

DSLBK: "Ugh. Okay, 'sir' (I could hear him making the little finger quotes over the phone line, sweartachrist.). Let me take a look......well. Of course it's still on the line. Your disconnect date isn't until the 23rd."

M: "Seriously? Your router craps out (after 4 years of loyal and faithful and nearly flawless service *pets the poor dead router*) and I try to transfer my service to get internet back by upgrading to a better internet service with the same company, and you set my disconnect date for the 23rd so I can't have internet until then?"

DSLBK: "Sir, you set that date."

M: "Bullshit. I set no such thing."

DSLBK: "Well, that's when your next bill is due."

M: "Okay, I'm trying really hard not to kill you through the phone right now. Get your GOD DAMNED DSL OFF MY MOTHER FUCKING LINE!"

DSLBK: "The quickest I can do that is Thursday. Check after 8pm on Thursday."

*****

Okay, so I've been without internet on anything but my phone for almost two weeks now, and I had to call back last night.

Super Helpful Tech Support Guy: "Well, I've done all I can here, so I'm going to go ahead and schedule a technician to come out to see you tomorrow, free of charge, because we feel really bad about you not having internet. Is there anything else I can do to make your night better?"


M: "No, Super Helpful Tech Support Guy, you've been awesome and a half tonight. Thank you."

NSHTSG: "No, customer. Thank you."

*****

So, the moral of the story is that if you have AT&T DSL, switch to U-Verse (not much price difference, none in my case). The customer support aspect of it is totally worth it, even if U-Verse didn't totally kick DSL in the face with awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment